sfScope64r (2.0.16) freezes at notifications

• 4 Replies
sfScope64r (2.0.16) freezes at notifications
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:37:04 PM »
After successful building of the software I was able to start the oszilloscope and reproduce the error which I found on the precompiled package too:

For some actions/button togglings there seems to be a notification window. I don't know when this exactly happens, but if it happens  the program freezes and I find the following message on the shell (when launching from the shell):

(sfScope64r:99869): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:05:02.729: Negative content height -11 (allocation 1, extents 6x6) while allocating gadget (node button, owner GtkButton)

After that I have to kill all processes and unplug the hardware for a clean restart. That's no way of work!

Who can review this bug? Which input shall I deliver?

Dejan

• View Profile
Re: sfScope64r (2.0.16) freezes at notifications
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:00:16 PM »
Hi. Please let me know how to recreate the problem in the precompiled release version. What steps are made before the program freezes?

The Gtk-warning message which you see in the terminal window is not necessarily related to the problem.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 08:26:03 PM »
You are right, they are side-effects. One notification appears at the license pop-up window. These will multiply when I move this popup-window before closure.

To reproduce the freezing I started to play around:
Start the oscilloscope -> running.
Go to the measurements (menu: measure->analogue)
press in the table the "-" button: program crashes.

I will continue to find the reason for the freezing ...

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 09:56:52 PM »
A very reproducible way to freeze the application: Enable the ETS marker.

You can still shift the position of the x-axis, you can replay the aquired data, but you cannot leave this state. Even after unchecking the ETS marker no data aquisition can be restarted, the application cannot be closed. It must be aborted externally.  (tested under Windows and Linux)

Dejan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 01:07:18 PM »
Thank you for reporting this. I was able to reproduce the issues with measurements and ETS. We will look into this and it should be solved in the next release.

I opened a bug tracker on gitlab #4#5