Python develop

• 3 Replies
Python develop
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
Hi,this is a nice project, the current software is develop by C++,it spends to much time on project build,for open source project I think python works well and easy to use, python have many mature third party libraries, such as numpy,scipy,pyqt5 or matplotlib .etc, it's so easy to do scientific calculations as well as graphical displays, and project owner have write several examples in python, does anyone wanna rewrite this software in python?

Dejan

• View Profile
Re: Python develop
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 10:35:03 AM »
You can already develop your own custom Python applications using the Python API. With this API, the hardware can be interfaced directly from Python scripts. For more information about the Python API please check this update.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
You can already develop your own custom Python applications using the Python API. With this API, the hardware can be interfaced directly from Python scripts. For more information about the Python API please check this update.

I have noticed this example in the project, I have spent manys days in reading the source codeļ¼Œ but to understand all APIs is a little difficult, I have implemented a python program that communicate with Tektronix oscilloscopes, the communication is base on VISA and very easy(NI-VISA or pyvisa both work),but as a commercial scope Tek is too expensive, can scopefun compatible with VISA?

Dejan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 12:28:42 PM »
VISA interface is currently not supported. But with our Python API you can already develop custom applications. If you need any help regarding Python API, just ask in the forum. In general there are hardware control registers that needs to be set when sending requests. Description of these control registers can be found in the software repository on Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/scopefun/scopefun-software/blob/master/doc/ScopeFun_v2/ConfigData_v2.ods
Our plan is also to create additional functions (wrappers built on API) for simple interfacing with the hardware.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:31:48 PM by Dejan »