Other open source oscilloscope projects

• 6 Replies
Other open source oscilloscope projects
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »
Hello guys, I have been following this forum for last 2 years and anxiously waiting for this. In the meantime I worked on implementation of my own oscilloscopes and got some good results. Feel free to visit my website and contribute with your valuable comments and suggestions. I would be releasing opensource design of some acquisition cards which you would love them. June 2019 is the release date for acquisition cards. So stay tuned. And I hope Scopefun is released too. Cant wait for this too

visit my website on: www.firmtronix.com
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:07:14 AM by Dejan »

Dejan

• View Profile
Re: Re: Can I buy it?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
Hi and thanks for following our work, It's nice to hear some feedback. I'm also looking forward to your release of acquisition cards design.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 03:52:58 AM »
Hello Fellows. We have got our first version of board and results are quite promising. Please follow the link to specs of board. We will be targeting to launch group orders through either PCBWay, China or directly through us. Right now, cost is very high as we do not have group orders, but we can bring cost/price down. Please register your interest by sending us email. Your feedback is very welcome. Once we have final board, we can share schematics and designs. We are just trying to compensate our development cost at this stage. Feel free to have a look over specs. Please visit:

https://www.firmtronix.com/products

I have well wishes for Scopefun and hope we see this soon too.

aeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 09:26:03 AM »
Hello Fellows. We have got our first version of board and results are quite promising. Please follow the link to specs of board. We will be targeting to launch group orders through either PCBWay, China or directly through us. Right now, cost is very high as we do not have group orders, but we can bring cost/price down. Please register your interest by sending us email. Your feedback is very welcome. Once we have final board, we can share schematics and designs. We are just trying to compensate our development cost at this stage. Feel free to have a look over specs. Please visit:

well,i think the price of your card is so expensive.if the cost of pcb is too much,then you can try the service from china, like https://www.pcbway.com/,  10pics of  10cm*10cm pcbs   just cost 5$, but the shipping cost 20$.   the cost of smt service and the chips  in china is high, if you like hand soldering, this is a good idea.

Re: Other open source oscilloscope projects
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »

The cost is comparable to capabilities of board. It features a high end FPGA on board which can be employed for many customised tasks. For an oscilloscope yes it is costly, but for a custom board it has a lot to offer. I already have a lot of interest from many people. Hopefully I will do bulk manufacturing in July2019.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 12:55:46 PM »
Hello Fellows. We strongly suggest insulated hunting boots and have got our first version of board and results are quite promising. Please follow the link to specs of board. We will be targeting to launch group orders through either PCBWay, China or directly through us. Right now, cost is very high as we do not have group orders, but we can bring cost/price down. Please register your interest by sending us email. Your feedback is very welcome. Once we have final board, we can share schematics and designs. We are just trying to compensate our development cost at this stage. Feel free to have a look over specs. Please visit:

The cost is comparable to capabilities of board. It features a high end FPGA on board which can be employed for many customised tasks. For an oscilloscope yes it is costly, but for a custom board it has a lot to offer. I already have a lot of interest from many people. Hopefully I will do bulk manufacturing in July2019.

How are you going to take care of the orders? Will there be an option to order the board and get it as soon as it's available?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:37:23 AM by Aguillon »

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 01:44:27 AM »
How are you going to take care of the orders? Will there be an option to order the board and get it as soon as it's available?

Yes, there will be option to order the board. We had all modules of board prototype tested and verified and currently finalising our design for first release.

I am currently working on setting up with couple of PCB manufacturers about board manufacturing and assembly. One is for sure PCBWay. So you can directly get it from PCBWay by ordering the board (I will share more details on this once I have final agreement with them, but we are almost near) or you can directly order from our website (Canada based). We might start as early as May or as late as July.

Please register your interest at info@firmtronix.com so that we have you in our list for notifications. Also it would be good if you can share with us your application of this board. Since we are focussing custom based solution too, we may also add your request in our development.

Stay tuned and reach out to us at info@firmtronix.com