LCD Touch Screen Display

• 3 Replies

Swa

• View Profile
LCD Touch Screen Display
« on: October 12, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
Hello everyone, I am developing Oscilloscope with LCD Touch Screen Display. Can you guys suggest any design to fulfill this requirement?

Dejan

• View Profile
Re: LCD Touch Screen Display
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »
Hi. I'm not sure how I can help you with your design. Our USB based oscilloscope is a different type of design. In our design, we do all the data processing on the PC, so it is more flexible and easy to add additional features. For a LCD touch screen oscilloscope you have to think about how to process the data samples. Maybe you could use a single board computer for processing (like rasberry pi) and connect it to our USB based design. All the data processing would then be done on the raspberry which would display the signal on the LCD. On the other hand, if you want the fastest possible data rates then use the FPGA for processing and display the signal directly. Each solution has its advantages and disadvantages. In any case, there are compromises that you will need to take.
Anything is possible, so you have to decide what works best for your design.

Swa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »
Hi. I'm not sure how I can help you with your design. Our USB based oscilloscope is a different type of design. In our design, we do all the data processing on the PC, so it is more flexible and easy to add additional features. For a LCD touch screen oscilloscope you have to think about how to process the data samples. Maybe you could use a single board computer for processing (like rasberry pi) and connect it to our USB based design. All the data processing would then be done on the raspberry which would display the signal on the LCD. On the other hand, if you want the fastest possible data rates then use the FPGA for processing and display the signal directly. Each solution has its advantages and disadvantages. In any case, there are compromises that you will need to take.
Anything is possible, so you have to decide what works best for your design.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I am too thinking, rasberry pi is a better option.

Swa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:05:42 AM »
Is single FPGA chip sufficient for both scope and LCD display data processing or two individual FPGAs should be used?