Hardware Generator synchronization

• 1 Replies
Hardware Generator synchronization
« on: April 26, 2020, 05:10:31 PM »
Hello, first of all, thank you werry much for your hard work! It incredible what you have done!
I see thinks which could be improved, but still it is overall amazing piece of HW and software.

Now to the question I have now (and maybe RFE) - is it possible to synchronize the two Hardware Generators somehow? Like it would be great if it will be possible to synchronize them (and maybe to be possible to set phase).

Dejan

• View Profile
Re: Hardware Generator synchronization
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »
Hello and thank you for your feedback.

Regarding  your question for the generator synchronization. I think it would be possible to implement it by modifying the FPGA firmware. If the frequency is set the same for both generators, they could share the same phase source to calculate the generator output. The phase is calculated inside FPGA from a fixed point counter.  To set the phase between the two generators one would need to add the selected phase shift to the second generator phase source. The phase shift for the second generator would be set in the software and transferred to the FPGA in control registers.

Anyway I agree this would be a nice feature. We will try to add it in a future software release.