Python Api on 2.1.1

• 5 Replies
Python Api on 2.1.1
« on: June 14, 2021, 04:18:51 PM »
Hi,

The source code of 2.1.1 does not seem to include Python anymore. Would the older SF Python Server still work even though it does not have the "connect to server" option?

If the Python API is deprecated, what would be the best way for me to extract Scopefun measurements and integrated them into a Python software? Just to give a background, I have this software that interfaces / synchronizes data acquisition with other instruments.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jeremy

Re: Python Api on 2.1.1
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 01:10:45 AM »
I have tried many times since I first bought the device over a year ago to try to get the Python API to work.   I keep tinkering, but have made no progress.    They wrote the Python API in Python 2.7, which was a pain in itself.     I was going to buy quite a few of these just because of the Python API, but fortunately changed my mind when I couldn't get it to work.    They still show the Python API on Crowd Supply, but it was orphaned very early.   It appears from their GIthub page that they abandoned Python and moved to Lua.     

If you do ever find a way to use Python with this device, I'd be very interested to know.   

Dejan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 06:57:16 AM »
Hi all,

we are working to enable the Python API functionality also in the new software version.

Dejan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 09:48:53 PM »
Python API was added in software version v2.2.0-beta

lkjbs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 04:23:52 PM »
Hey e_radar,

I'm currently using the python API quite successfully, and in fact, working on a pyqtgraph based front-end gui. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

I have tried many times since I first bought the device over a year ago to try to get the Python API to work.   I keep tinkering, but have made no progress.    They wrote the Python API in Python 2.7, which was a pain in itself.     I was going to buy quite a few of these just because of the Python API, but fortunately changed my mind when I couldn't get it to work.    They still show the Python API on Crowd Supply, but it was orphaned very early.   It appears from their GIthub page that they abandoned Python and moved to Lua.     

If you do ever find a way to use Python with this device, I'd be very interested to know.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 08:32:43 PM »
Hello and thanks for contacting me.   It appears since I made that comment last August that the Python API was updated to python 3x and added again into the release.    That is good news.   I can now circle back around again and try it.   

I'm going to download again and attempt using it with radar.     If I have questions, I'll list them here or direct message you.

Thanks again.