question about oscilloscope mode

• 1 Replies
question about oscilloscope mode
« on: August 30, 2019, 05:31:34 AM »
Hello,
I want to know the time between the last acquisition point of the line and the first point of the next record.
I see somewhere the scope can be a server.
Is that possible to plug and addon to connect to wifi ?
This question is because I am very concerned about ground loop and sometime must be isolated from usb, network cable, etc.
Best regards
Thierry

Dejan

• View Profile
Re: question about oscilloscope mode
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 02:47:51 PM »
I want to know the time between the last acquisition point of the line and the first point of the next record.

If I understand your question correctly, you are talking about the "dead time". This is the time needed to transfer and process data samples and prepare for new trigger event. This time is not fixed, but it varies depending on configuration settings and computer speed. For example, longer frames and faster sampling speeds generally need more time to process.

Below are some typical numbers that I measured:

10k samples @ 250 MSps... dead time = 0.240 ms
100k samples @ 250 MSps... dead time = 1.150 ms

10k samples @ 50 MSps... dead time = 0.024 ms
100k samples @ 50 MSps... dead time = 0.022 ms

The transfer of data points from ScopeFun's on-board RAM to computer is started immediately after the frame is triggered. This means that slower sampling speeds will have very short dead times because most of the data will already be transferred during the saving of the samples into on-board RAM.

Is that possible to plug and addon to connect to wifi ?

ScopeFun can only be connected via USB port. The server application will provide access to remote clients, but the hardware will still be connected via USB.

If you need to take floating measurements, you should use special differential probes that are built for that purpose. Don't try to float the inputs of the oscilloscope, the inputs must be referenced to ground.